Contribute to our blog
***Please note we are not accepting submissions at this time***
What types of submissions do we accept?
We run original pieces written for the EmpowHer Network. We also run syndicated posts, where pieces are already posted on another site, but we feature a teaser, graphic, and link to the host site.
We are looking for pieces that align with our mission. Learn more about what we represent here.
The style of these pieces may include, but are not limited to:
- Essays and short pieces
- Opinion or thought pieces
- Profiles of local women or organization
- Recap of events
Who can write for us?
We are currently accepting submissions from women* in Ottawa and surrounding regions
*We recognize that the term “women” may not encompass the diverse identities of our audience. Please note, we welcome and strive to create an inclusive environment for all trans, non-binary and agender persons within our organization. If you have any concerns or questions about participation, please reach out.
What are the submission requirements?
- Submit original work only
- Word count: 500-1,500 words
- Where appropriate, cite your sources
- If you have a great picture to accompany your piece, please submit that as well
- At the bottom of your piece, please provide a few sentences of “about the author” and any social social media URLs you’d like us to include
Interested in submitting something? Send us a message: